Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pretend and the world changes

"What you are looking for, you already have"  Denise's brain

These are the words I heard years ago while searching for a book at Barnes n Nobble.  What I was searching for was already within me.

I don't normally hear voices but on this day I kinda did.  It was a message to me that didn't really seem to come from me.  I understood it's truth immediately. I can't say I have always followed this wisdom but have never forgot that moment or message.

 I received this message over twenty some years ago.  Recently it has come back into my thoughts.  I have been practicing a form of walking called breath walking.  My version of breath walking is intervals of: moving Kundalini yoga; play; sense connection; manifestation; mindfulness; pretending; power walking and on...  This practice takes walking to a new level.

 Part of this practice involves pretending.  I act as if I am...

 I pretend I act as though I'm a 5 year old.  I walk as if I'm a panther or giraffe.  I pretend I've just been given a check for $50,000.  As I pretend a funny things happens...my body responds as if it is truly is what I'm pretending to be.  My joints, legs and arms change. My breath changes.  My eyes and focus change.  This new walking practice has opened up my brain to a new level of play.

The shift in perspective and how my body and mind moves is fantastic-amazing and almost magical!! It has taken my breath walking to a whole new level and has brought be back to those words I heard years ago.  "Denise what you are looking for you already have, what you need is within you."

The fact is we are amazing beings, capable of far more than we can comprehend.  By shifting how we think-everything shifts- for the better or worse depending on your thoughts.  That's where setting intention and being present comes in.  When we don't know how to do something, go back to what you did when you were 5 years old:  play and pretend.  Act as if you are a tiger or a 20 year old or a prosperous artist or a race car driver.  Your imagination can go wild.

As always wishing you great joy and light in your day,
      Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment