Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Savor the gift of everyday

Today I gathered pine cones while talking with my mom.  Now I have 4 piles of pine cones in my back yard.  I plan on mowing with my reel mower later this evening and can't mow over pine cones.

What does that have to do with anything you might wonder...I'm so glad you asked...you were curious weren't you?

Everything!  Today the sun was shining, my hubby turned 50.  I had time to talk to my mom. I had the energy to gather pine cones.  Today Sally my flop eared smiler caught a baby bunny and I made her let it go.  There was another baby bunny in my front garden bed.

This is one day in my life.  And this one day is a gift.  Maybe this day didn't hit the news, wasn't posted on facebook.  But this day was a gift and there will be a time in my life that if I could have one of these simple, ordinary, mundane days back I would grab it with every ounce of my being and would savor each precious minute.

Just because I have a lot of great days doesn't make any one of them less special. My job in life is to find the gift of each day.  To take time to enjoy the pine cones.  To mix it up a bit, get away from my ruts so I can see the wonder right before my eyes.  Now I will go mow my lawn, love my hubby and walk my flop eared smiler.

And as I do, I will take time to listen, to look, to feel, to touch, to smell, to taste the gift of this day.

May you always be able to pause each day and take in the gift that is in the present moment.
       Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment