Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mind your head

  
    Mind your head.  What does "mind your head" mean?  It means to be present and thoughtful.

   Our lives are more connected now than ever before.  What I do, what I eat, where I go and how I live affects more than just me.

  If I'm distracted and mindlessly throw away a plastic bottle, maybe it finds its way into the waters of Puget sound.  It might wanders through the sea and end up in Scotland.  If I'm lucky, someone in Scotland will gather up my plastic bottle and have it recycled.  But wouldn't it have been better if I never threw it away?

   We are connected and we are all responsible for the environment in which we live, mainly our planet. It is home to us all.  

   As I look out my window, the sun is shining.  I can count maybe 12 trees from where I sit.  Can you imagine a world where the birds didn't sing in the spring, the grass didn't grow and the trees didn't leaf out?  Unimaginable!

   When we are sick we look close to home, what we eat and drink.  We search out our homes- looking to create homes healing and nurturing, free of stress and toxins.  We look to our environment- air, water, soil- is it safe?  But do we look close enough and do we look far enough?

  I wonder...

As always, wishing you great travels in your life,
      Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment